Lists, lists, lists. There’s a list about everything online anymore. The ten best spots to take a vacation. The list of best pies, best restaurants, best small towns, best this….best everything.
The folks at OnlyInYourState.com have listed the 15 best spots in South Carolina to get the best fried shrimp.
St. Helena Island’s Shrimp Shack was placed on the list at an impressive #3. The Shrimp Shack is the only Beaufort County eatery to make the cut and ranks higher than many popular spots across the state that you may have heard of, or even visited before.
About the Shrimp Shack, the website said, “the Shrimp Shack is addicting for locals and tourists alike. You CAN order the fried seafood platter, but the Shrimp Burger is out of this world!”
We love the Shrimp Shack and so do many of our locals and tourists alike and we’re happy to see it get some of the recognition it deserves.
Here’s the full list of “15 Restaurants In South Carolina Have The Best Fried Shrimp EVER.” We have no idea how they came up with the list. There are so many fantastic spots in South Carolina to choose from.
If you’re jonesin’ for some great fried shrimp in South Carolina here are the places to hit….
1. Roadside Seafood, Charleston
2. Flowers Seafood, Edisto Island
3. Shrimp Shack, St. Helena Island
4. Bowens Island Restaurant, Charleston
5. Magnolia’s, Charleston
6. Inlet Crab House & Raw Bar, Murrels Inlet
7. Dave’s Carryout, Charleston
8. Boochie’s Seafood Market, Walterboro
9. Croaker’s, Myrtle Beach
10. Folly Beach Crab Shack, Folly Beach
11. Captain Jimmy’s Right Off the Boat Seafood, Hollywood
12. Sullivan’s Restaurant, Sullivans Island
13. Seewee Restaurant, Awendaw
14. Pearlz Oyster Bar, Columbia
15. Tubbs Fish & Shrimp Company, Florence